RESIDENT SERVICES Q&A
How do I register my child for the after school program?
You must contact the residential services department +706 882 6416 Ext. 540, It is very important that you give your name, address, child’s name and age.
What will it cost for my child to attend the after school program?
Currently, it is free for your child to participate in the afterschool program.
Do I have to be a resident in order to participate in programs and workshops?
No, you do not have to be a resident. We offer resources and services to the entire community.
How do I know if I qualify for Public Housing?
• Is your income level within the guidelines listed on the website? If so, you may qualify.
• Do you have a history free of drug and/or alcohol abuse or have you successfully completed a rehabilitation program? If so, you may qualify.
• Have you previously been a resident of The City of LaGrange Housing Authority, or another housing authority, and have an unpaid balance? If so, you will be required to pay any amount owed prior to receiving an application.
How long will I have to wait for housing?
Once your application for housing has been accepted, your name will be added to the waiting list for housing. When your name comes to the top of the waiting list and a vacancy occurs, you will be notified and instructed on how to proceed next. You should expect to wait an average of 6 months to 1 year.
How are vacancies filled?
As vacancies in the Public Housing communities occur, an approved individual or family is selected once their name comes to the top of the waiting list.
Do you have emergency housing?
No, we currently fill from a waiting list, in which applicants are selected by preference, date received application and time.
How do I request a service repair?
You must contact the maintenance department +706 882 6416 Ext. 533, It is very important that you give your name, address, and what’s needing repaired. Please include the area where service is needed, for example bedroom #1 door will not lock.
How long will it take to complete a service repair?
We have 2 categories; Routine (maintenance have 3 days to complete repair), and Emergency (maintenance have 24 hours to complete repair)
What is considered an Emergency?
Anything that causes damage or harm to the apartment or to the resident(s) safety (example: Toilet overflowing or clogged, Water leak, Electrical Issues (receptacle sparks, No lights, smell gas).
Please call 911 if you have a fire, or any life threatening situations.
TRANSPORATION Q & A
How many day in advance do I need to call for transportation appointments?
– Appointment calls are made three business days prior to the appointment date.
How much is the cost for transportation?
– $2.00 per trip inner city
– $4.00 round trip for inner city transports
– $5.00 per trip outer city,
– $10.00 round trip for outer city transports
When should I expect my ride to arrive?
Clients should be ready One Hour prior to their appointment time and expect to arrive at appointments 15-30 mins prior to appointment time.